About Alumasc Facades & Alumasc Group
About Alumasc Facades by K Rend and History
Alumasc Facades by K Rend is part of Kilwaughter Minerals Ltd.
Kilwaughter Minerals Ltd acquired Alumasc Facades in November 2018.
Kilwaughter Minerals Ltd was established in 1939. It is a privately owned business with Head Quarters in kilwaughter, County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
About Alumasc Group
Alumasc Group PLC is a group of UK-based companies that supply premium building products, systems and solutions into the UK and export construction markets. Alumasc’s heritage dates back to the middle of the 20th century and was floated on the London Stock Exchange in 1986. Throughout its history, Alumasc has enjoyed considerable success in the manufacture of precision engineering components, beer barrels and construction products. However, the trend for manufacturing to shift away from the UK towards lower cost economies has led Alumasc to divest itself of its interests in the engineering sector and to focus on its core building product activities.
Alumasc businesses have strong positions in one of four business segments:
- Roofing & Walling (Alumasc Roofing & Alumasc Facades)
- Water management (Alumasc Water Management Solutions)
- Solar shading & architectural screening (Levolux)
- House building & ancillary products (Timloc)
Corporate & Social Responsibility
Our values determine our behaviour and underpin the way we do business and treat one another. This code aims to guide our actions and those of people with whom we work closely, encouraging a way of working which is honest, responsible and generates trust:
Honesty and fairness
- We are open and honest and try to act fairly;
- We compete vigorously, but honestly;
- We treat people with fairness, respect and decency;
- Employees must be professional, mature and responsible;
- Employees should avoid conflicts with the interests of the Company.
- We comply with legal, regulatory and licence requirements;
- High standards of corporate governance are integral to us;
- We help employees to develop their potential;
- We do not discriminate on any grounds other than ability to work effectively;
- We provide healthy, safe and secure work environments;
- We contribute to the well-being of our communities;
- We work to minimise the adverse environmental impact of our operations.
- We do not tolerate corruption in any form;
- We do not make or receive improper payments or inducements;
- We respect the confidentiality of information;
- We listen to neighbouring communities.
Alumasc actively pursues sustainability in the range of products and systems the company offers, along with ongoing improvements to manufacturing processes through its accreditation to the ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Standard. Alumasc’s manufacturing sites at St Helens and Burton Latimer are both audited to ISO14001:2004.
The measurement against this internationally recognised benchmark not only allows comparative reporting across the Alumasc Group but also provides a framework that informs all aspects of the company’s development, from improvements in the day to day running of their manufacturing sites to the long term product design and refinement programmes.
Development of existing sound products and practices is central to the success of Alumasc and key to the way in which it provides it’s proven solutions. Equally, the basis for any new and innovative development is grounded in the knowledge and experience Alumasc have of their core manufacturing materials.