Expanded Polystyrene Insulation (EPS)
What is Expanded Polystyrene Insulation?
This is an economic lightweight type of insulation made from Polystyrene, a popular choice for insulation. EPS insulation has a closed cell structure enabling it to trap air and slow down any transfer of heat moving towards cooler air.
Why is Expanded Polystyrene Insulation beneficial?
- Lightweight : 19 kg/m3
- A closed cell structure traps air and slows down transfer of heat towards cooler air
- Contains graphite which underpins the structural integrity of the insulation
- Low moisture absorption and high resistance to mould growth
- Range of finishes available to choose from with this EWI system
What is Expanded Polystyrene Insulation used for?
New-build or refurbishment projects, masonry substrates and steel frame structures on low-rise buildings
- Typical thermal conductivity: 0.030 – 0.032 W/mK
- Class E reaction to fire
- BBA Approved System
Completed EPS Projects
- You can view completed external wall insulation projects, which feature the use of EPS HERE.